Recipe of Calisson de Provence
For 6 persons
Preparation time: 1h30
Cooking time: 5min
- 250g of almond powder
- 250g icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange blossom water
- 500g of candied melon from La Maison du Fruit Confit
- 50g of candied orange from la Maison du Fruit Confit
- Some sheets of matzo paper
- 1/2 egg white
- 150g icing sugar
- Pour the almond powder into a saucepan, add 250g icing sugar and orange blossom water and cook over low heat, mixing until the mixture is dry and not sticky.
- Cut the candied fruit into pieces then mix finely and lengthily with the marzipan until a homogeneous texture is obtained.
- Spread the sheets of matzo paper on a baking sheet and put a metal frame 1cm high, pour the preparation and smooth with a spatula. Let stand 48h in a cool and dry place.
- Then mix 150g of icing sugar and the half egg white and pour this "royal glaze" on the dough, smooth with a spatula and let dry 1h.
- Cut the calissons with a cookie cutter or a diamond knife. Place on a baking sheet and put 5min in the oven preheated to 130 ° C so that the glaze hardens without coloring.
- Let it cool before serving, Keep the calissons away from moisture and air.